Sunday, June 21, 2009

He's Chevy Chase, and I'm glad I'm not

Caddyshack was on TV today and as I am sick, I decided I would watch it. I have never seen Caddyshack and assumed I was missing out, based on all the pop culture surrounding it. After watching it, I've decided I wasn't missing anything after all.

While watching it, I realized that I couldn't think of a single Chevy Chase movie that I had ever seen. I went to IMDB.com to confirm this. Apparently, the only other movie I have ever seen with Chevy Chase was Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird (seriously). However, I learned something even more interesting from IMDB.com: Chevy Chase has made some dumb career moves! Among them:

1. He left SNL after just one year
2. He turned down the role of Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters
3. He turned down the role of Buzz Lightyear
4. He turned down the male lead in American Beauty, for which Kevin Spacey won an Oscar
5. He joked about Cary Grant being gay, for which Grant sued him

whoa! how did this guy get such an ego all things considered?

No comments: