Friday, September 4, 2009

Margaret and Helen

My boss MK introduced my office to Margaret and Helen a few weeks ago. I subscribed to them on my Google reader and read through a great deal of their blog and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Politics aside, the fiestiness of these women is endearing and hysterical. Margaret doesn't like Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachmann, but most of all she doesn't like stupid (her definition, of course) and she's willing to call out almost anyone she thinks is acting stupid.

Margaret, who writes less often than Helen, posted this in July after Walter Cronkite died: "Helen, dear, we can certainly agree on one thing for sure. Walter Cronkite was a very sexy man. I tell you, he was the Anderson Cooper of his day. He could melt my butter each and every evening. He could toast my bread on both sides. He could float my boat, row it out to sea, and wait for it to return with the tide any day of the week. Although, I’m not quite sure what that means, I do know that Walter Cronkite was a real man. And, my dear Helen, that’s the way it is…"

My co-workers and I were almost literally on the floor laughing about that one. I thought one of us might literally bust a gut.

But then Margaret and Helen were silent for 3 weeks.

And then they posted again and I was again reminded of their brilliant humor when I saw this picture again after an absence of almost a month.

When I am 80 years old, I hope that I can still get in my hoveround and take a cruise with my best girlfriends. "I mean it. Really."

No comments: